The second Dublin Climate Action Week will take place from Monday 12th to Saturday 17th September 2022.
Dublin Climate Action Regional Office (CARO), will showcase the ongoing efforts, ambitions and collaborative approach of the four Dublin local authorities, in addressing climate action.
The week is being organised and delivered in partnership. The partners for 2022 are:
- South Dublin County Council
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
- Dublin City Council
- Fingal County Council
- Codema – Dublin’s Energy Agency
The agreed shared objectives of Dublin Climate Action Week are to:
- Demonstrate progress on the implementation of the four Dublin local authority Climate Change Action Plans, and a regional approach to climate action;
- Engage with a full range of partners to showcase efforts and innovation across sectors;
- Make climate action a ‘reality’ allowing citizens to see what climate action looks like;
- Promote this initiative so as to fully engage with EU and international cities and our climate peers; and
- Create a legacy so that this initiative can carry forward to subsequent years in a variety of ways.
A number of regional and local events covering a range of climate topics will be delivered as part of Dublin Climate Action Week 2022 and the full programme of events is available on http://www.dublinclimateactionweek.ie
Climate Festival, Tymon Park, Saturday 17th September.
There will something for everyone at this event in South Dublin.
- The Stop Food Waste team will be there to talk about how reducing your food waste can reduce your impact on the climate.
- The Recreate team will be designing creative circular solutions to help offset climate change.
- Dale Treadwell will take you on an exploration of the local biodiversity around the festival, and the reasons to keep nature healthy in the face of climate change impacts.
- South Dublin County Council Climate Action Team, ESB e-bikes, and RecycleIT will also be in attendance.
Please note this event will run until 4pm on Saturday, Sept 17th 2022.
Climate action is now at the forefront of policy-making in Ireland. The enactment of the Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Act 2021, the publication of the national Climate Action Plan 2021 and each Council’s Climate Change Action Plan 2019-2024, demonstrate our ongoing commitment to move forward on climate action.
Keep up to date on Dublin Climate Action Week 2022 at www.dublinclimateactionweek.ie and use the hashtag #DCAW22 when sharing news or updates on Dublin Climate Action Week 2022
About Recycle IT
Recycle IT is an award-winning social enterprise providing recycling collection and drop-off services for all types of waste electrical, electronic equipment (WEEE) and pure metal items.
Recycle IT services are provided in partnership with WEEE Ireland. Recycle IT is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development, Dormant Accounts Fund, Pobal, South Dublin County Council and authorized by the National Waste Collection Permit Office and the local authorities across Leinster.
For further details about our free and cost-effective services call us on 01 4578321, email email@example.com or visit the Recycle IT website at www.recycleit.ie